Boots and Rico

Boots and Rico
if you like my photography, please check out Laura Alison Photography on Facebook!

Monday, February 24, 2014

Madison's Mommy Needs a Home!

​Late June of last year I received an email from Susan at Eleventh Hour Rescue passing along an email from a Georgia woman and her husband. In the email, Chris Garcia introduced herself as the foster mom of some puppies that she fostered until they were old enough to be sent to Eleventh Hour Rescue in NJ. She was looking to get in touch with those that adopted the puppies, in hopes to see some pictures and find out if we were interested in a puppy reunion.

Getting in touch with Chris was such a blessing. She showed me pictures of Madison as a puppy, videos of her with her siblings, and gave me an insight into Maddie's background before she came to me. I was especially happy to learn that Maddie had been fostered before going to Eleventh Hour Rescue, and not found as a stray on the street, as I had originally thought. I even got to see pictures of her mom, Lovey Dovey. That was quite the eye opener - I didn't see much similiarity and was as confused as ever as to what breeds Madison had in her.

Chris and I now talk reguarly on Facebook and I bombarb her (as I do all my Facebook followers) with pictures of Madison and her new brother Jax. It was through talking with Chris that I found out Madison's mommy, Lovey Dovey who was adopted locally, was returned when the owners moved and couldn't take her with them.




Roxy, known as Lovey Dovey when she was rescued from Animal Control in May 2012, is about 4 years old. According to Madison's DNA test through Wisdom Panel, Lovey Dovey is likely a boxer/miniature long-haired dachshund mixed breed. She is a really sweet girl, loves to play (likes to run around with their pittie) but is also fine just laying on the softa. She has been spayed, up-to-date on her shots, current on heart worm preventative and flea and tick. She is house broken and is good with other dogs and kids. Unsure about how she is with cats, as Chris doesn't have any, but they do have chickens which she just leaves alone. Chris and her husband are looking for a GOOD home for Lovey Dovey. If you are seriously interested, please send me an email (there is a form on the About Me page) and I will put you in touch with Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful of each others' views and opinions :)